Thursday, February 6, 2014

How did they do it?!

Recently I was on the phone with my mom....for one of our daily talks. I told her that I have no idea how she and all the other moms did it, when I was a child. What I mean is.....how did our moms and dads put up with us every single day, and not have the internet to keep them going?

Here me out.

Every so often I feel like I'm in a funk. Life starts to feel like its the same shit, different day. And I find myself turning to pinterest and facebook for inspiration. Life inspiration. Just to remind me that my life......it's amazing.

Yea, I need reminding every once in a while, because I'm a mom and this shit is not for the birds. It's hard, it's mentally and physically taxing. Dealing with tantrums, rolling eyes, and whining are just the small daily things I deal with. So coming to the internet to read things that are amazing....quite literally get me through those crappy times.

My friends share sweet poems or quotes, and I share them back. I wonder how many moms or dads read those simple posts, and feel rejuvenated again. I know I do.

My kids are absolutely a gift in my life. They have given me so much purpose and love that I don't know what I'd do without them. But they are kids.....and kids ALL have those times that they think it's super cool to test their boundaries.

So thank you internet for giving me inspiration when I need it the most. For letting me find quotes and poems that lift me up, for always having friends I can message on a whim to vent, and to offer some pretty great websites for parenting advice.

I don't know what I'd do without you. ;)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment