Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My kitchen is my office.

  My kitchen is literally the catch all in my home. Today I thought to myself, I'm going to take a picture of each and every object that is left on my counter, for me to magically take care of. Then I though.....nah....too much work. I'd be in my kitchen all day taking pictures. ;)

 I find things from change, empty cups, SHOES, remotes, toys, backpacks, papers, mail, half eaten snacks, papers, crayons, papers, art supplies.....you see what I'm getting at. And yes, lots of papers! I'm a very organized person and I don't think my family has gotten that memo yet. I am CONSTANTLY cleaning, and feel like it has gotten out of hand with everything my family is leaving me on my counters! All day long my counters will be clean, absolutely nothing on them but my pretty plant, and a yummy smelling candle, until the rush of children come in from school.

 I have all the chore charts on the fridge, my calendar for the month is on the wall near the door, and another calendar that I can write on for months in advance hangs on the end of my cabinets. I have a binder for all things for the kids schools. Papers I need to read, papers I save for them to study and so on. I have a wooden bowl that holds a memo pad and pens. My "junk drawer", is not really my junk drawer, its for my scissors, tacks, dry erase markers, bills and wax for my scent warmer thing....stuff like that. Basically my kitchen is my mommy office. Obviously my family doesn't get that. To them, its the "mom will take care of it room".

 Today I found my husbands SHOES on the KITCHEN COUNTER. Really? I understand leaving your shoes in the middle of the floor, to go do something real quick, but who puts shoes on a kitchen counter? YUK! Nicholas comes home, empties his backpack and folders and leaves everything on my counter. Yes, I said my counter. They all have their rooms, I have my kitchen :)

 Today I have made it clear to my family, that the kitchen is not a place to leave every thing imaginable. It's my space. I cook in there, I do school paper work, all my mommy stuff happens in there. So they are now clear that the kitchen is my office. Not their bedroom, or their closet. I wonder how long it will last??


Ahh....that felt good :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment