Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dear Santa....

Dear Santa,
 First I want to thank you for always leaving so many gifts under the tree for our kids. I must admit though.....my name is always the one on the big gifts :) I think its best that way. I do so much for my kids, and you only come around once a year. They never even SEE you, but they are told you are watching....kinda creepy if you ask me. Not only do they have to sit on your lap every year and smile in front of dozens of other kids watching, but we tell them you can see them when they are sleeping......YIKES! HAHA, we all do love you and the spirit of you though.
 Now....on to the important stuff. I remind my kids almost on a daily basis to be good and that "santa is watching, he will bring you coal if you are bad". Well Santa, I've been AMAZING this year. I've been a wonderful mother to my children. Bathed them daily, made three meals every single day, cleaned countless times a day, kissed and hugged them, and made sure they know how loved they are. I provide everything they want and need. I make sure they are warm when it's cold and fed when they are hungry. I make sure they like the clothing they wear, and the people that they are becoming. I have taught them manners and confidence, how to be polite and how to show people that they care.
 Not only have I been a good mom, but I've been a pretty darn good wife. :) Sure, we get into little disagreements....don't we all? We have been married 7 years now and have overcome so much. Raising 4 kids together has been fun, stressful, exciting, and well....darn right TIRING!! We have stuck together through it all and are one amazing team!!
 I've stuck to my promise to myself of losing the baby weight from William. It took me a year, but I have done it Santa!! I have lost 60 pounds in one year. HOLY COW!! Yea, I'm pretty proud of myself and THAT is the ultimate prize :)
 So....as you can see I've been very good. I think I've been good enough to ask for a gift or two :)
 I'd love a minivan that can fit all my munchkins in without feeling like a clown car. I'd love an elliptical that doesn't make that awful "err err err" sound every time I run. After all....I've had this one for 5 years and its gotten its fair share of love from me. It helped me to lose the baby weight after all three of my babies. I love it, but plain and simple....its old!
 Could you bring me a day of eating anything I want allllll day and actually LOSING weight from it? That would be fantastic! I mean, I've done a lot to lose the weight, but I'd love to splurge and eat all the yummy foods around, without feeling guilty.
 I'd love a week of no cleaning....and the house magically cleans itself. Nick and I work hard to keep this house very clean. We are tired, and would love a cleaning break! Could you do that for us?
 OH.....and a weekend getaway with Nick, paid in full, with no kids. THAT would be a dream! After all....we never did get a "honeymoon".
 These are just a few things I have on my wish list. You know, no pressure or anything......but I am EXCITED to wake up Christmas morning to see how good YOU think I have been this year!!!!

 With Love,
   The real Santa.  OOPS.....I mean....Kristin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment