Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Laura!!!!

 I am not sure how 6 years have passed so quickly.....but the calendar doesn't lie. I'm amazed at how much you have grown Laura. Especially in the past year and a half....you have become such a little lady, and you make us so proud.
 I remember finding out I was pregnant with you.....I'm sure you remember the story. Daddy called me and told ME I was pregnant. Wow...that was such a special day for us Laura. Grandma B. took me out to lunch after I called and told her our special news. We cried tears of joy that day. Mommy and Daddy tried for a very long time to get pregnant with you. We wanted you so badly, so when we were blessed with you, our hearts felt so full. Our hearts are still full sweetie.
 The day you were born was a dream to me. You were more beautiful then I could have imagined. Just a little doll in my arms, only wanting love. That day feels like it was last month, but no.....it was SIX YEARS ago. Wow!!
 You have been a dream to have as a daughter Laura. You are my helper and a great big sister. You are finding your place and test boundaries....but all kids do that and just like daddy said the other night "it's ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them". Your little sister Katie is your shadow and I know that can be frustrating sometimes, because you want your own space.....but just know that she adores you. We all do.
 Laura you have made me so proud of you specifically with schooling. I knew you were a smart litle girl, you have a gift, and that is learning quickly and memorizing everything. You are 6 years old and reading!!! Thats GREAT hunny! Daddy and I used to spell things out to each other, and we can't do that anymore. Yesterday in the truck we spelt some words and you said them back to us! HAHA! What a smart girl!! We recently had a parent teacher conference with your teacher and she had nothing but wonderful things to say about you. I know that made you feel proud of yourself. You should be proud Laura! Getting student of the month FIRST in your class, and being an example for your classmates are big things to be proud of.
 Sweetie, we love you so much. 6 years have flown by in the blink of an eye. It really is true what they say.....enjoy every minute because life goes by so quickly. I want you to enjoy being 6. Don't look ahead or look back. Just enjoy NOW. Enjoy every day of playing, and sharing, loving and being loved. Enjoy your homework (that I know you do!) and enjoy having your two little shadows, Katie and William. That won't happen forever. Soon they will want their own space and you will miss having the little ones running behind you. Enjoy being a big sister and a little sister. Enjoy having chores that teach you important responsibility, and values. Enjoy having talks with mommy and daddy. We love our talks with you and wish time would stand still for just a minute longer when we have our talks. Enjoy having so many people around you that love you so much. Mommy, Daddy, Nicholas, Katie and William. All your grandparents, aunts, uncles, great grandparents, friends and teachers. We all love you and love the little girl that YOU are. You are special sweetheart. Enjoy being YOU.
 So, 6 years have passed and I couldn't be more proud of you Laura. Thank you for making me a mommy. For teaching ME so much and always being so loving. You are one of a kind, and very special to our family. Happy 6th Birthday sweetie!

 Love Mommy. <3


 Here are some pics of the past 6 years with you princess :)






No comments:

Post a Comment