Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gymnastics, bottles and tantrums....OH MY!!!

 Phew, so much to talk about with so little time. Life seems to always be like that.....especially when you become a parent!
 First thing is first....William is officially off of bottles!!!! It's so bittersweet for me. On one hand I'm thinking, yay no more cleaning bottles!!! But on the other hand I'm thinking, oh my gosh....my little baby is not a little baby anymore!!!. I wanted to ditch the bottles when he turned one, but I couldn't do it. I felt too bad. He hasn't had a day time bottle in months, but he has always had a bottle right before bed. I rock him, he smiles and drinks himself into a milk daze. I's so relaxing to me.....and him. I enjoy sitting in my fluffy recliner, rocking away, starring at his beautiful face. I am shocked each night when I see how long he stretches across my lap!!
 So, no more baba's for my baby. He did great, and I know there won't be any problems. He is the best when it comes to change.

 Next......GYMNASTICS!!! Nick and I signed the girls up for gymnastics. Katie starts this Friday, and will go every Friday from 3:45pm to 4:30pm. Hers is for 3 and 4 year olds, just a fun thing for them. Laura goes every Wednesday, from 4pm to 5pm. Hers is a more serious gymnastics class, so I am hoping she really gets into this and takes off from there.

 I mainly wanted to sign Laura up so she has something for herself. She is 6 now and I can see she is really trying to figure out who she is, where she fits and how far she can go. So, signing her up for gymnastics was a no brainer for me. I was lucky to find a gymnastics class that offers great classes for a great price. I know from experience how hard it is to find a place that offers GOOD classes at a NORMAL price. I will keep you all updated on how she does!! Both girls are thrilled and feeling even more excited since I got them new leotards!!!

 Tantrums.......I've been seeing less of those from Laura the past few days. This makes me smile. Yet, I've been seeing more of them from WILLIAM!!!! My little man has found his voice and is letting everyone in my neighborhood know it!!! These poor people that live next to us must think this house is full of animals or something lol!! William was mad that he wasn't allowed to climb onto Laura's bed yesterday, so he threw a crying fit for TWENTY minutes. I ignored him, he stopped, life went on. He's learning that crying doesn't automatically get him what he wants. But his sweet kisses just might!! ;)

 So here at the Long home, we are as busy as ever.....and soon will become even more busy with gymnastics starting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment