Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Why do they have to grow up so fast?!

 My son is about to turn 15 months (on the 9th), and I am just overwhelmed with how quickly he is growing up. I swear the other kids didn't grow as quickly. Let's face it though...after your first child....thing's get a little fuzzy in the brain department! ;)
 Today we took William to get his very first hair cut. Something I've been wanting to do, yet at the same time.....something I've been pushing off. I knew he needed a hair cut. The poor child was looking a little girlish from the back. But I knew cutting those beautiful locks would mean no more baby hair. It made me sad AND happy to see that first cut happen. I'm excited for him that he is growing up and experiencing big boy things, but sad for me because he's my last baby. Enough said.
 He held still the entire time, being the amazing little boy that I know. He impresses everyone when we go to the doctors office with how quiet and well behaved he is there. LOL!!!!!! If only they could see him in his natural habitat haha!
 Today was the very last time I could say "my baby had his or her first hair cut!!" He's the last baby I got to experience this with. It such a strange feeling. It's so amazing, and sweet to go through everything with him, but it stings too. Just because it's all going so quickly. I don't want my baby to grow up!!! WAAAAAA!!!
 The hair cut is not the only thing I've been pushing off. I've also been pushing off getting rid of the "before bed bottle". There is nothing I enjoy more than rocking my son all warm and snug in my arms, lights dim, feeding him his milk bottle. It's perfection to me. He stares into my eyes every night, plays with the blanket that hangs on the rocking chair and sometimes likes to play with my face (though I don't enjoy that part so much! LOL)
 I am scared to have all my children grow up and not need me so much. There are days that I'm so overwhelmed and frustrated and stressed....a lot of time its because of how much I need to do around the house and for the kids. Having so many kids means a lot of work. But I can't imagine my life differently. I can't imagine my kids not needing me for what seems like, EVERYTHING! I can't imagine not rocking my son each and every night. We both look forward to it. Tonight for instance, Nick gave William his bottle and William walked right over to the rocker, sat on it and looked right at me as if to say, "come on mom....you know the routine". He loves it. His little eyelids become so heavy while I rock him and talk to him about our day or how much I love him.
 These kids are little boogers sometimes.....make me take more deep breaths in one day than I thought imaginable, and fight as if they are cats and dogs. At the end of the day.....to me, they are perfect. Absolutely perfect. I see their little faces in the morning, and as I am tuning out their complaints (yep....all you new moms be forewarned!!! When they get past the age of 2, they somehow WAKE UP WHINY sometimes) I see their beauty, their sweetness and all the love they have for this world and our family. They make me smile, without speaking. They make my heart glow with just a hug. I can't imagine my life without each of my children.
 ALL of my kids are special to me. They have their own personalities and needs from me. William is especially needy because he's the youngest, but as he is getting older and older I see him becoming more independent. :( He's my baby. My very last baby. Why oh why does it have to go so quickly???
 He only gets to have the night time bottle for a few more days and then that goes away too. Sigh........I think these things hurt me more than him!!! :)
 So, for now....while I sit here watching my kids grow and learn and become these amazing people, I will cherish every smile, hug, kiss, "I love you", and even the arguments. 
 It brings them that much closer :)


 Here are a couple pictures of my handsome boy with his first haircut!

            Before his hair cut:::



After his hair cut:::


                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment