Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Nicholas!!!!

Dear Nicholas,

 You are now 13! I seriously cannot believe that you are a teenager now. It has been such a wonderful ride, being your mom. I remember the first time I met you. You were so tiny. So in need of a mom. You could say a few words, but that was pretty much it. I was saddened by this. You were three years old, and so beautiful. Pale skin, and blond hair. You were amazingly sweet, and I could tell, you loved me right away.
 You wasted no time at all.....you chose to call me mom very quickly, which I will admit at only 18, that was an adjustment for me. I quit my job, moved in with your dad, and became mom. There was no question to you....I was the apple of your eye, and your were mine too :)
 We spent our days playing in the park, going on adventures through the mall, and just being mom and son. We set out to always have fun and enjoy our time together. I made your lunches, kissed your owies, tucked you in at night, and checked on you when you were fast asleep. You have always known that you didn't grow in my belly, but instead, in my heart. I was young, but I was ready to be your mom. We needed each other.
 You made me a mom, and you taught me so much. Not only about being  a mother, but about being a GREAT mother. I thank you for that. We've been patient with each other for all these years, and learned so much from each other.
 Looking back on all the years I've been your mom, almost 10 now, brings me such joy. I feel like I've raised a pretty great kid. You goof around in school (a little too much), but you mean well. You are so loving, and truly enjoy life to the fullest.
 We've gone through so many adventures together. First days of school, trips across the country, first crushes, first heartbreak's, becoming a big brother, moving to California, and now becoming a teenager. You've grown right before my eyes, and I feel extremely blessed to be able to call you my son.
 
 I've loved you from the moment I saw you, and I will love you for the rest of my life. I take pride in knowing that you will call me mom, for the rest of your life. I love you son. Thank you for loving me as your mom, and holding my hand through these adventures. Here is to many more wonderful adventures to come!

 Love always,
    Mom <3


Here are some pictures to show you, how much you've grown over the years!!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment