Monday, May 20, 2013

Just say YES!

I've realized lately that I say no a lot. That's not cool, right?

Today I woke the girls up for school, and immediately Laura asked "can you curl my hair for school?", my immediate answer....."no, it takes a long time".

I then continued helping the girls get ready and it occurred to me.....so what. Why would I say no just because it takes a long time? As long as we get out the door on time, then it shouldn't matter. So I got out my flat iron and her eyes lit up!

I stood there for 10-15 minutes curling ALLLLLLL that little girls hair. It is truly insane, to see how much hair she has. I WISH I had all that hair! So I sent her to school, and I could see she felt so proud to have curly hair, but more proud that I took the time to curl it for her.

I am making it a habit to take my time with things. To say yes, when I WANT to say no, just because it will cause a mess, it takes a long time, alllll the kids will want one, or whatever it is that makes me want to say no.

I want to encourage my kids creativity, even if that means an hour of cleaning paint out of everything. Or vacuuming up glitter (oh god.....I despise glitter) over and over again.

So today, do something that will make your children smile, even if you really don't want to deal with the mess or the time it will take. It means more to your kiddos than you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment