Sunday, December 15, 2013

Happy 8th Birthday, Laura!!!

Laura,

 Tonight while you sat with my in the living room, when we were painting your new rings....I couldn't help but feel so sad about you getting older. Don't get my wrong sweetheart, I couldn't be more proud of you.....and excited for all you are learning and experiencing....I just feel like any bit of baby that you had left in you, is now gone.

 8, is a big milestone. You are now a young lady, and becoming more mature by the day! You have been such a joy to have as a daughter. I honestly feel very lucky to be your mom.

Tonight I saw you light up, when we all talked about the day you were born. I remember it so clearly, and have a hard time believing that it has actually been eight years since that life changing day. Daddy and your Grandma Jan were both in the room with me. It was so amazing and important to me to have two of the most important people in my life, with me. We got to experience that moment.....the moment you took your first breathe, together.

You know that you are not the first born in our family, but you are MY first born. You changed my life from the moment I heard your daddy tell me "you are pregnant!". I was very young when I became pregnant with you. 20 to be exact. I had already been a mommy to your brother for 2 years. I thought I had it down pat....and then you came into this world, and completely changed everything I thought I knew.

To this day, you are teaching me more and more. Not only about parenting, but about myself. You have been such an important part of our family, and we would not be whole without you.

This year I was told that you are reading at a 5th grade level.....and you are only in 2nd grade. You have kept your teacher busy with finding new things to keep you interested and challenged. You are so incredibly smart and try so hard, that I know you have big things waiting for you in your future. Tomorrow you will be receiving another award at school. I can't put into words how proud you have made me. Every day, I'm proud of you.

You are so caring and kind hearted. You want everyone around you to be happy, and for things to always be fair for everyone. Thank you for being the amazing big sister that you have been. You help me at the drop of a hat, and are happy to do it. You play school daily with William and Katie, and I must tell you....those two little ones look up to you so much. They believe everything you say, and have put so much trust in you.

Thank you for being a wonderful little sister for Nicholas. You two will sit and play board games for hours, and seeing you with your own relationship makes my heart so happy.

Laura, I hope you always remember to stand up for yourself.....and know that what YOU think, is very important, and extremely valued. Always put forth this amazing effort that you have in school. You will go so far in this world.....I just know it.

I want you to grow up and continue to be happy. No matter what you chose to do in life, just do anything that makes you HAPPY. Happiness is so incredibly important.....don't ever settle.

Remember that your family will always be by your side. Rooting you on, and smiling with pride!

I love you so much, sweet Laura Elizabeth. I always will.

Happy Birthday!

Love, Mommy

<3

          Let's take a look at how much you've grown since you were born!!


               Me and you, when I was about 6 months pregnant with you.
 
The day you were born.
 
                                                                    Two weeks old
 
 
A few weeks old.
 
 
                                 My absolute favorite picture of you and Nicholas together.
 
 
FIRST birthday!
 

                                                               SECOND birthday!!


                                                                  THIRD birthday!!!
 
FOURTH birthday!!!


                                                                   FIFTH birthday!!!


                                                                   SIXTH birthday!!!


                                                              SEVENTH birthday!!!!
                                              
                                                               
                                                                EIGHTH birthday!!!!!!!
 
My sweet girl, you have grown into such a beauty, on the inside and out!! I love you so much!
 
 
<3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment