Thursday, January 14, 2016

Umm...hello...are you still there?

I can't believe I'm going to admit this.....but it's been almost a year and a half since my last blog. :/

All I can say is life happened. Kids, family, friends...life has been going so fast that any time I even thought about writing again, the moment would pass just as fast as it had come to me.

I looked back at my last few posts and I laughed and felt kind of sad for the year and a half ago me. I was going through a lot then....I guess I still am now, but there is a difference.

The past 2 years have actually been so good for me as a person, as a mom, a wife, a friend. I've spent more time around family, and friends who have become more like family, and it's really put me in a place in my life where I feel good.

My friends have not only really been here for me, but they have taught me something so extremely valuable. To have a back bone. I'm 31 years old and have recently learned that my opinion matters. If I don't like something its absolutely ok for me to speak up.

Of course my anxiety is a daily struggle, but not like it was a while ago. It's there, it will always be there, but I'm able to keep it at bay more and remind myself that I can't control MOST things, and it's ok.

Honestly since spending more time with friends, my anxiety seems to be better than its been in a really long time. Knowing I have some close people to vent to, has helped more than ever.

Having fun get togethers has been a pretty big theme of the past couple years, and I wouldn't change it. My kids aren't babies anymore, so now I'm not just MOM. I'm Kristin. I've found a way to still be here for my kiddos and husband, and still find time to be a friend. For me, it's been what I needed for a long time.

So all in all things are good here. I've been super distracted from the blog world, but I'm back. I can't promise just yet, how often I will write. I have so much to write about, but they are all such different topics ha! I guess that means more blogs right?!

For now I will leave you with something I've learned this past year.....

No matter where you are, who you surround yourself with, and what you are doing....remember the MOST important thing is to love yourself. Nobody can help you with that. If you can't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else.

See you all soon

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment