Tuesday, August 13, 2013

One day at a time.

A few days have gone by since the outfall with my father. There have been no further messages from either of us. I absolutely will not message him again, but I know it's only a matter of time before the "feel bad for me" messages come my way. They won't be read.

It's only been a couple days, and as melodramatic as it may sound.....I feel like I have lost a family member. In a sense I have.....I won't have a relationship with him again, which is best for me and my family. So why does it hurt so much? Why does my mind wonder, back to the pain of the words he chose to use?

I guess because I have seen how amazing of a dad my husband is, to our kids. I could NEVER see Nick saying anything even close to what my father has ever said to me, to any of our children. The bond that our kids have with him is so close, that they would be forever shattered if he spoke such hateful words to them. It breaks my heart to even think about that.

I am handling this one day at a time.....that's just the way it has to be.

But, I've been so touched by the out pour of support that I've had, not only over this situation that is happening now, but for the support that I've received ever since I told my story. For the emails, facebook messages, texts, calls, and virtual and real hugs from all of you. For not only the support, but for the encouragement to continue on with a life that makes me happy.....even if that means it's without my father.

So.....Thank you all, from the bottom of my mending heart.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment