Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer fun coming to an end....

My kids have exactly 13 days until school starts. I will then have a kindergartner, a second grader, and an eighth grader. William will be home with me all day until the three school aged kiddos come home. I'm excited to have more one on one time with him, but I'm also sad that Katie will be at school all day. That will be a strange transition for the both of us. She's gone to preschool for 2 years now, and was able to participate in a kindergarten readiness program this summer. I know she's ABLE to be at school, I will just have a hard time letting go of her for so long.

This summer my kids have grown so much. Mentally and physically. They grow like weeds, and are becoming smarter and smarter as the days go by. They have been able to do some really fun things this summer, from mentos and diet coke explosions, to making anything and everything under the sun. We've certainly stayed busy. I RARELY heard "I'm bored".

Since we did so many new things, I believe this showed my kids to think outside of the box, and to use their imaginations. They were able to play together with less fights.....don't get me wrong, I can't count how many fights I DID break up.....but there were less than last summer!

I will be sad that we won't have as much time as a family, when school starts back up, but I will be glad to get my kids back with their friends, and back into school activities.

I thought it would be fun to come up with a new activity every other weekend or something, so that way we stick to doing new things, and continue to have fun family time. I want to make it a tradition to do new activities, or even old but fun ones, each and every summer. We did 44 AWESOME activities this summer.....that's a ton!!! I know my kids appreciated it, I heard thank you, and can we PLEASE do our activity now....so many times. It made me feel wonderful to know my kids looked forward to something new, but most importantly they looked forward to time together, as a family.

I feel as though this summer showed me that maybe I'm doing something right after all. Maybe giving my kids ways to express themselves through art and fun, was a way for us to all grow closer together.

I can't wait for next summer now.....but for now....we will spend the last 13 days of summer having pizza parties, getting ready for school, and of course, spending as much time together as we can!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment