Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things that make me smile.

 The last blog I wrote, was about many of my pet peeves. Well today, while waiting for Laura at her bus stop I was standing in the warm sun, with a cool breeze flowing through my hair, and I thought.....I love this. I immediately felt the need to jot down many of my loves. So, come along with me while I list some things that make me smile....I bet some of them will make you smile too!

 - Waking up on my own. Not from an alarm, an animal or a child....but because I got enough rest and my body is ready to be awake. That feeling is wonderful.
 -Speaking of waking up...COFFEE! YUM. Now, I'm pretty picky about coffee. I joke with Nick all the time that I "like a little bit of coffee with my creamer." ;) I found the most delicious creamer known to man. It's a vanilla caramel from nestle. Oh my goodness....LOVE!
 -Being early to everything. I smile knowing that nobody has to wait around for me. I don't want anyone to feel like I'm messing up their plans or appointments. Just because I have 4 kids does not mean I can't plan well. So, being early is big on this list.
 - A random hug or "I love you" from any one of my children. This is the absolute best, by far. A hug because they see you and feel the need to give you love, I can't explain that feeling but you parents know it too I'm sure :)
 -When a person waves with a smile to let you cut in front of them while driving, or when a person in the grocery store says "excuse me" (with a smile), "thank you" (with a smile) or "oops I'm sorry" (with a smile). It's pretty rare in a grocery store that I frequent. I'm not sure why, and that makes me sad, but ANY time I need to speak to a stranger, I have a smile on my face. A genuine smile. I think we all need to practice this more often.
 - When things pan out just right. You know what I'm talking about. Those times when your plans need to mesh PERFECTLY for it all to go right. Timing, and pure luck LOL! I smile when that happens.
 - Any time I speak to my mom. I hang up smiling and happy. Sometimes giggling to myself about our conversations. Pure happiness is what I feel when I am speaking to my mom. I could be venting, crying or in the worst mood, and when I hang up I feel 110% better. Always.
 - When my kids and husband enjoy the meals I make. We all know as moms we work hard to put a good meal on the table. When I hear silence because everyone is digging in to the meal I made....I am so happy! I feel like I accomplished a very big feet when my girls who are extremely picky, eat what I make them.
 - When I finish a workout. It could be awful during the workout. Painful, frustrating and impossible!!! I just always feel really good when I finish a workout. I feel like I am making myself better by working out, and setting a great example for my children. :)
 - Every time my husband comes to me just to kiss me or hug me. We have been married for 7 years and I still feel butterflies when he puts his arms around me. When I see his name pop up on my phone from a call or text...I still get excited. I don't want that to ever change!
 -The warm sunshine. Not hot enough to be uncomfortable, but just warm enough to feel soothing. THE BEST!
 - Silence. All of us parents HAVE to agree on this. Hearing nothing at all but my thoughts is so beautiful to me. When you are young and kid less, you take that for granted. I cherish every quiet, calm moment I get!
 - The noise. Yep, even after typing my last LOVE, I can still say I love the noise of my family. With each little voice running through my house, I know that my home is full of love. The little voices won't be so small for long. They will quiet down as they get older.....so for now while my kiddos are small and squealing with joy everyday....I will enjoy it :)
 - Facebook messages, calls, texts or cards from my brothers Robert and Donnie. I miss them so much. Any time I can hear from them warms my heart.
 - When my dog or cats cuddle up to me. Love!!
 - When I see my kids playing together nicely, helping each other or comforting each other. I give myself a pat on the back when these things occur!
 - A good sale! I'm a girl who LOVES to shop, I love clothes, shoes, jewelry, purses....you name it! When I find a good deal, my whole day is better!
 - Heated blankets. Enough said!
 - The sweet smell of William after his bath. Ahh :)
 - Conversations with my children. No matter what they are about, I love hearing what my kids have to say. Their feelings, opinions and ideas are fascinating to me. It's so amazing to have a conversation with a 3 year old about her day in school. She will tell me every step of her day, from who she played with, to what her teacher said to the boy who was mean to another kid. She has a memory like I do....she remembers small details. I love it!
 - When my friends or family say something nice to me about how I am parenting, and truly mean it. I work hard to be a great mom and when someone else recognizes it, I smile :)

 - Cards. It doesn't matter the holiday. Birthday, Christmas, Valentines day.....I save each and every card I get, from each and every person that sends them to me. I have since I was 16 years old. You should see the top of my closet ;) I truly enjoy looking back at all the cards I have received over the years.
 - A good movie. I've seen SO MANY disappointing movies, so when I come across one that keeps my attention, I am happy! Recently we watched Water For Elephants, and I was blown away. I will be watching it again soon.
 - Writing. I enjoy writing. It doesn't have to be about anything specific, I have just always enjoyed writing. This blog has been a great outlet for me.
 - FAMILY. I have a big family, and it grew even bigger when Nick and I got married. I am blessed to have every one of these people in my family <3


 So there are some things I can think of off the top of my head. I love these things, and I bet so many of you nodded your heads when reading some of these too!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment