Saturday, September 24, 2011

Only a mother knows....

 I believe that a mother has the most special bond with their child/ren. I know that father's siblings, grandparents, aunt and uncles have special bonds with the kids as well....but nothing like the bond with their mother.
 Only a mother knows and remembers certain things about her children.
 I've been a mother for almost 9 years, and I feel like there are thing's about my children that THEY don't even know I know.
 Let's take William for example. He isn't old enough to know I know....or understand, but I know that when I feed him and rock him to sleep every night that he has to have something in his hands. Preferably the blanket that lays on the back of my recliner. He moves it around in his hands, rubs it and rubs his eyes with it. He loves it and I love it. I make sure every night that the blanket is there, waiting for him to cuddle with. Without fail.....he goes for that blanket every night.
 Katie still rubs her nose with her blanket, that she has had since she was born, every night until she falls asleep. This reminds me.....she has this line in the tip of her nose that she was born with. I love this little line. It's such a beautiful line. To this day (almost 3 years exactly OMG!!) I still kiss it. I hope it never goes away. She needs love right away when waking up from a nap....I love giving her all the love she needs, and will always cherish her cuddles.
 Laura has to have a book with her in bed. She is my book worm and complete school lover!!! It calms her down after a full day and she flips through the pages whispering to herself until she is too tired to continue on. She also loves to copy anything and everything. She will find a book, a newspaper, a bill (though some of these I'd prefer her NOT to copy haha!), Nicholas' old homework.....anything....and copy every single letter. She has done this since she was about 3. She loves doing it and showing me her "homework". I know that she still craves specifically my attention. She has always been very attached to me.....I enjoy having my little shadow.
 Nicholas.....no matter how old he is still loves my hugs. We have had a very hard year and a half as mother and son. I don't want to get into all of that in this blog, but we will just say that it's been an uphill climb for us, that we won't give up on. Ever. When he goes to visit his birth mother every other weekend, he makes sure to hug everyone before he goes, and I feel like he purposely saves me for last every time. He gives me a longer hug than he normally does any other day. Maybe he knows that I have a hard time with him going over there. I need that hug more than he knows. I've never told anyone about those hugs before....they are special to me....especially since things have been a little more difficult since we moved. I hope those hugs never fade away.
 My kids do so many things that mean a lot to me. They are little things that they probably don't even realize they do.....but they have aways done them and I love it. I love seeing their completely different personalities come out, and shine.
 To me, as their mother I melt when they do these things. I can't completely explain why they are so meaningful to me, I can just say that these little "habits" of theirs are beautiful. Only a mother knows all of these quirks. And only a mother can forever appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment