Monday, September 5, 2011

What WOULDN'T you do for your children?!

 Today I bought myself a new book. It's the book called "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard.
 It's about the little girl that was kidnapped and pretty much held captive for 18 years. Rapped year after year by this monster that abducted her.
 I've only gotten about 40 pages in so far. It's amazing how much emotion a single book can bring out in a person. In only 40 pages, I have felt angry, sad, and everything in between.
 This book has made me think about my own children. Specifically my girls. Not doubting that this very story can, and has happened to little boys, but since it's about a girl, it's made me think mostly of my daughters.
 To think of anything bad happening to ANY of my children makes me physically ill.
 Tonight I asked myself....what WOULDN'T I do for my children?
 Nothing.
 I'd do anything in this world to keep my babies safe. To keep their lives normal, full of love, and not broken. 
 This little girl had her life literally stolen from her. It brings such saddness to my heart to even think about. I do want to finish the book, as hard as it is to read. I want to read about the end when she is free. When she gets her life back.
 This book has made me want to go wake my children up, one after the other....just to kiss them again. I am doing my best to protect all of my children, without sheltering them so much that they are afraid to live their own lives. This is hard as a mother. It's hard to find that balance sometimes.
 Nicholas is going to be 12 next month, and everytime he leaves on his bike I worry. I think I always will.
So far the book is a good read (hard emotionally), and I am so happy to know that there is a good ending awaiting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment