Thursday, July 19, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 22!!

Today is day 22!!! I'm supposed to write a letter to anyone, and I'm choosing to write it to my daughter, Laura.

Dear Laura,
 My sweet 6 year old girl. I can't believe in December you will be SEVEN!! You have had quite a year trying to find out who you are. Don't rush it sweet girl.....you have such a long life ahead of you for all of that. You graduated kindergarten at the top of your class, making everyone so proud of you. You learned how to read, and now are reading chapter books!! Wow!
 I see a lot of myself, in your personality. We both get frustrated too quickly, and are sensitive. I've learned over the years to take a breath, slow down and go with the flow. You will learn this over time.
 You are a big sister, AND a little sister. I am too. It's hard. You want to be older, yet you still want to be younger. Enjoy these years sweetheart. You are learning so much as a little sister, and being able to teach your little sister and little brother all that you know. That is special. Take your time when trying to teach your siblings, don't get upset with them.....they truly look up to you and always will.
 I remember when we moved here, you were very shy and quiet.....and along the way, you have really come out of your shell and blossomed into the most beautiful little 6 year old girl. It's good to be shy at times, and outgoing at other times. Be you. YOU are special, you are the only Laura like you, and I'm so happy that I get to be YOUR mom. Thank you for making me laugh, making me smile, and making me a better mom every day. I love you sweet girl, I will forever.

Love Mommy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment