Sunday, June 23, 2013

Spinning in computer chairs.

 Here I am, 28 years old (AHH!!) and spinning in computer chairs with my two year old son, is so much fun to me. Hearing him beg "again! again!", with this huge smile, is worth my tummy getting sicker with each spin.
 If you have kids, it is a guarantee, that you have at least once thought back to a time, when you had no kids. No huge responsibilities. We all do it. Sometimes I think of how boring my life would be if I didn't have my kids. If I wasn't consumed by the responsibilities, the cooking, the volunteering in classrooms, the field trips, the play dates, the organizing, the activities.....what would my life be like? What would I do all day?
 I certainly wouldn't smile as often. These kid's of mine...as stressful as they can be, make me smile countless times a day.
 I wouldn't have this motivation to show these small PEOPLE, how to be. How to act, how to use manners, how to empathize, how to do....everything.
 I wouldn't know what it's like to feel this wonderful feeling from being a mommy.
 I would certain not feel as responsible. I feel like I have the world on my shoulders, a lot of times. I'm sure many of you do too.
 I wouldn't be complete. There would be this incredible void in my life. I may have more me time, and time out of the house, but those things don't truly matter.
 I guess what I'm trying to say is, even if there are times that I feel like I'd love some more adult time, I could never trade these days full of sippy cups, smiling messy faces, and spinning on computer chairs.

<3

 

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I'm glad you're the one doing the spinning cause you know I would get sick after about half a spin.

    Yeah, the kids do keep us busy. It does allow us to appreciate our alone time that much more (since we get very little of that).

    I think we'd go crazy with the stress of the kids if they also weren't super cool, fun, and cute all the other times.

    Anyway, again very nice writing and I hope you're enjoying writing all these blogs. I'm enjoying reading them ;)

    ReplyDelete