Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer fun Day 20!!!!! Sun catchers!

Hi friends!! It's SATURDAY!!! Perfect for crafting with the kiddos. :)

Today's craft was easy, and CHEAP! This one is another favorite, so far! I love when the kids craft something that I can put around the house.

All you need is pony beads, and a cupcake pan, or round cake pan. I just used a basic cupcake pan. I picked up pony beads from Walmart for just over $4.

 
Since my cupcake pan has 12 circles, each kid got to use 3 slots. Perfect....I love when things turn out even like that. No arguing! We put the beads in each slot, in one single layer. Making sure they were all laid out nicely.
 
The kids had fun creating their own designs.
 

 
We made smiley faces, and patterns. Laura and Katie both wanted the first letter of their first name, so I helped them arrange the beads into the shape of their letters. William kept putting handfuls of beads into the pan, so I helped him do his 3 spots, and then gave him our mini cupcake pan to play with. That kept him busy for a while!
 



 
 
It took a while for the kids to get their beads into the PERFECT designs, and then we put them carefully into the oven. We baked them at 400 for 25 minutes. I have read different temps and times, but I checked every 5 minutes and it ended up being 25 minutes, until they were completely melted.
 
I took them out of the oven and let them cool, then popped them out of the pan. They came out with ease. I will add that the smell was pretty gross. I opened windows and doors, so the smell really only stayed in the kitchen, but to make sure the kids were safe, we played outside while they were baking.
 

I asked Nick to drill a small hole in each one so we could easily hang them. I couldn't wait to get them up! I hung 4 in my kitchen window, with some stretchy beading string. I put 4 in the kids bathroom window, and then the boys have 2 in their bedroom window, and the girls have 2 in their window as well.
 



 
 
These were so easy to make, and a lot of fun. The kids had to concentrate a lot to make sure their beads were right where they wanted them to be. They turned out awesome!!! I LOVE how they look in my kitchen window, and we can't wait to make more! Next time we will be using cookie cutters to create shapes!  
 
I hope you all try this one out, you won't regret it!
 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment