Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer fun Day 3. To the moon!!

Today's activity was a complete hit!!! I even had a blast, and I know we will be doing this activity over and over again.

We made moon sand!!! I have bought moon sand years ago, when Nicholas was about 5. I hated it. I don't know why, but it just annoyed me. Well, years have gone by, and when I saw this idea on pinterest, I figured we could give it another go. I seem to like things more when we make them, rather than when we buy prepackaged crafts.

The kids have been anxiously awaiting this day. I heard them several times counting how many days until we got to make moon sand. They absolutely reminded me first thing in the morning :)

I've been waiting to do all of our activities, and kind of planning them around Katie's schedule. She is still going to school, and is there from 8:00-11:30. So while it IS kind of frustrating to hear "PLLEEEASE can we do our activity now", every day, it is also exciting to keep them on their toes!

We ate lunch and then got all of our items that we needed. I've planned a lot of the summer activities with two things in mind. FUN and CHEAP! So I got all of our items at the dollar store, except the flour, and the measuring cups I already had. The two turkey pans I figured would be an easy cleanup, and I didn't want to have to buy a big tupperware type box. It worked out beautifully.

I decided to do all the mixing, just because I really didn't want baby oil all over the place. After I mixed it together, it was the kid's turn to get their hands dirty!

We all played for a really long time, and only stopped because it was rest time for William and the girls were going to spend some time at gma's house, with their cousin. Otherwise, we would have continued to play with the homemade moon sand for a looooong time! It was fun to make "sand" castles, and to just squish it over and over again.

I stored it, and have read that it stores nicely for about a month....YAY!

My kids gave this one a BIG thumbs up, and so do I!!

Hope you all enjoy your summer, and get your hands a little messy while having some fun!











<3

1 comment: