Monday, July 1, 2013

Barefoot and in Walmart dresses.

Since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a stay at home mom. I would go between that, and a teacher. I think they go hand in hand.

I remember playing house, with my friends. We would get all dressed up, have our baby's on our hips and be talking like we were all fancy. We'd pretend to go to fancy restaurants, and our baby dolls would take long naps, while we played games.

20 years later, and I think I had a twisted vision of what being a stay at home mom REALLY is like. ;)

I don't go to fancy places. I certainly don't dress fancy.....some of my favorite dresses in my closet, are from Wally World. I'm barefoot most of my day's, and my hair is usually up in a bun......I try to make it stylish at least! ;) My kids DON'T always nap so nicely, they give me a reason to raise my voice daily, and I almost never stay up past 11.

I look back at the way I THOUGHT motherhood would be like. It's so different, yet one thing is right on point. I knew when I'd become a mother, that I'd feel a love like never before, and it's true. The love that I have for these kids, that drive me CRAZY, is breath taking.

I sometimes compare my life to other's......it feels like their lives are so exciting, and fancy shmancy. Sometimes I feel like my life is a broken record. Same thing, different day.

But then I put my kids to bed at night. I lay with them and read to them nightly. I look at them, and how happy they are. How much they love OUR life. The life we've given to them.

I see the love they have for each other, and how passionate, and confident they are.

I see that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. My life isn't fancy. It's not exciting all the time. It's stressful, exhausting and sometimes frustrating, but I couldn't see my life any other way.

I will pass on the high heels, clubs, and dinners out every week.....and keep my barefeet and walmart dresses.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment