Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's the little things.....

Today I woke up at 5:45am, so I could be at the store by 6:30am. Nick has a lot of homework he needs to concentrate on, so I didn't want to leave the kids at home while he needed some time at his desk. I also did NOT want to bring them to the store, when I had a weeks worth of shopping to do. By the way, if you do a weeks worth of shopping and think its not much....wait until you have a TEENAGER!!! ;) My son eats more than I do, and sometimes more than my husband!

I quietly ran around the house getting my purse, sandals, and coffee, and then out the door I went. My two cats just HAD to follow me out the door. So I open the garage and they both freak out......I love them, but I most certainly did have a good laugh. :)

I get to the store right at 6:30, and the parking lot is basically empty. Ahh....its a good sight to see :) I've had such negative experiences at grocery stores here, that I seriously hate going. I run into the rudest people, who are so self centered. It just bugs me when I don't get a courtesy "excuse me", or "thank you".

While in the store I noticed a bunch of stockers, stocking food in almost every aisle, and people cleaning the floors. I felt like I was in the way, and kept hurrying about. Then it happened......someone was NICE.

Apparently she could tell I felt like I was in the way, and she moved all of the boxes out of MY way, and said "I'm so sorry, we have all these boxes everywhere, is there anything I can help you find?"......uhhh yes, more polite people like YOU!!!! :) I just love kindness! I love when people who are complete strangers, take a second just to be......nice. It seriously can change a persons day.

I was asked about 4 times while there, if I needed help, and smiled at, and heard "good morning" more times than I can count! Hmm....maybe they recently had a meeting about being more people friendly? Who cares, I noticed and I liked!!

I came home to sleepy eyes kiddies, and my husband who was ready to help me unload all of the groceries. I was greeted with hugs and excitement when they realized I bought them a special treat.....doughnuts!! Yes, I had one. :/

I stood back and thought to myself......this has been a great morning. I haven't heard one word of negativity. The world seems happier and brighter, when you aren't surrounded with negativity.

It is the little things that count. Not the money spent, or the items you HAVE. It's the smiles that you gather, the hugs and the laughter that is so important.

I am wishing you all a super happy day, and sending lots of smiles your way. :)

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment