Friday, July 5, 2013

Recipes for all the yummy 4th of July foods we made!

Hi friends!! When I typed up my blog yesterday, I didn't add the recipes for anything, because I felt like it might be a super long blog, and didn't want it to become annoying to anyone......but I totally should have added the recipes! So here ya go!!!

Jello cake: My mother in law taught me how to make this recipe about 8 years ago. We make it all the time. It's so light and refreshing! Seriously, try it out, you will fall in love with it!!

 
Need:
Box of white or yellow cake mix.
Large box of jello mix.
1 tub of cool whip.
 
To do:
Bake the cake according to the instructions on box. Let it cool completely. Poke holes in cake with the back of a wooden spoon, about an inch apart, all over cake. To make the jello, just add 2 cups of boiling water to jello mix. DO NOT ADD THE 2 CUPS OF COLD WATER IT ASKS FOR!! Stir it up and pour all over the cake, letting it pour into the holes. Put in fridge to cool for about an hour or so, and then frost with cool whip. That's it!! We usually don't put fruit on top, unless it's the 4th of July, but you totally can. It's amazing. Not at all filling like other cakes with normal frosting. Have fun with any flavor of jello too! :)
 
 
Red, white and blue Rice Krispie treats:
 
 
Need:
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 bag of mini marshmallows
3 TBS margarine or butter
food coloring.
 
To do:
Divide cereal and marshmallows into 3 groups. (2 cups cereal, 2 cups marshmallows).
Microwave marshmallows with 1 TBS of butter, for a few min. I did it for 1 min 30 sec.
 
Take out of microwave and stir well, add food coloring (we used blue first).
 
Add 2 cups cereal and stir well. Press into well greased pan. (I think an 8x8 pan will be best)
 
Do this for all three layers. First blue, then white, then red. Pat down all layers well using wax paper. Let set for 30 min.
 
 
Mini English muffin pizzas:
 
 
These are delicious!!
 
Need:
English muffins, cut in half
Spaghetti sauce (or pizza sauce)
pepperoni
mozzarella cheese
 
To do:
Cut your English muffins in half. I gave each kid two to make. Spread on spaghetti sauce. Then I put on a bit of garlic salt. Add pepperonis, and then finally put the cheese on top. You want the cheese on last so it melts nicely. I broiled these for a couple minutes. Just watch yours to see when the cheese is all melted. Enjoy!!
 
These are all super easy recipes, that are SO yummy!!! I hope you try them, and if you do, I'd love to hear your opinions. :)
 
<3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment