Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer fun Day 24!! Soap clouds!

Hi friends!!! If you are new to my page, welcome!!! I truly appreciate everyone taking time out of their own lives, to read my blogs. It means a lot to me. :)

Today, we had a pretty easy activity. I saw this idea a long time ago, but forgot about it. When I saw it on pinterest a few weeks ago, I knew it had to go on our activity calendar!

All you need is a fresh bar of ivory soap, a big plate, a microwave, and of course lots of little kids, to enjoy the sights of this bar of soap turning into a cloud!


 
The kids were so confused when I told them we were putting soap in the microwave. They probably thought it was mommy's silly attempt at getting them to make cleaning fun. LOL! I asked each kid what they thought would happen to the bar of soap, and the most popular answer was "it will turn into bubbles!". :)
 
I put the bar of soap into the microwave for about 1 minute and 20 seconds. After about 10 seconds it starts to expand, and looks more like a big cloud. They LOVED seeing it getting bigger and bigger!
 
 
 


 
The center of this "soap cloud" is hot when you take it out of the microwave, so be careful!!! We let it sit for a minute and then the kids dug in! They squished it, rubbed it in their hands, and of course had to see what it was like to wash their hands with a cloud! ;)
 


 
We all loved it. They played with it until it pretty much disintegrated, and then we unwrapped another bar of soap and did it all again! So much fun, to watch it blow up in the microwave!!
 
I really hope you all try this, its so cheap and easy, and your kids will say stuff like mine did...."your so cool mom!", "this is so awesome!!", "this is a cool idea!". :) And you will walk out of the room like "yep.....that's right. I AM a cool mom!!" :)
 
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day, and find many reasons to SMILE! :)
 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment